Every 4th Friday at 2pm. 2023 dates coming up are – 6th October, 3rd November, 1st December and 29th December …. and repeated the following Tuesday at 2pm
Books – there are over 30 reading groups in Frome -and for this group you don’t even have to leave home ! We welcome listeners linked to the Home Delivery Service of the Royal Voluntary Service, who have books delivered to them. Contact the library for help and more details.
- 14th July & 11th August: Two shows about holiday reading, citing those books that gave us a sense of place, that gave us an insight into our holiday, that we enjoyed reading in the actual setting. It’s also time to say goodby to Karen, and welcome Polly.
- 8th September: poetry, All my mad mothers by Jacqueline Saphra and The World’s Wife by Carol Ann Duffy
- 6th October: Mudlarking by Lara Maiklem, an enjoyable wander along the Thames
- 3rd November: Homelands – the history of a friendship by Chitra Ramaswamy, not only about friendship, but also belonging
- Join the discussion or comment on the books or any other book-related themes by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts. All these programmes are available on Mixcloud by clicking below and following the link. And like or comment on ourfacebook page! There is also a linked music programme - Music from the On Air Book Group. And do send in in any book news to email@example.com.