Presented by Helen Ottaway, Karen Stewart and Sheila Hedges – every 4th Friday at 2pm. 2022 dates coming up are – 22nd April, 20th May, 17th June…. and repeated the following Tuesday at 2pm
Books ! There are over 30 reading groups in Frome - and for this group you don’t even have to leave home ! We welcome listeners linked to the Home Delivery Service of the Royal Voluntary Service, who have books delivered to them. Contact the library for help and more details.
We are now making programmes in the studio – hurrah ! We are sadly losing James Ellis and his Letter from Lewes – his writing has taken over but we are looking forward to hearing more about this later in the year.
- 28th January: lockdown projects including The Bridges of Frome by Andrew Saunders and works in progress with guest Liz Corfield from Frome Society.
- 25th February: discussing Human Kind by Rutger Bregman, the book at the centre of the Kindness Festival with our favourite bookseller Tina from Hunting-Raven.
- 25th March: 5th anniversary programme – from the studio at last !
- 22nd April: we focus on Landmarks by Robert MacFarlane plus his other works
- 20th May: we will discuss The Year Without Summer, Guinevere Glasfurd-Brown’s book about the aftermath of the volcano eruption in Indonesia in 1815, a fictionalised account following 6 people’s lives in 1816
Join the discussion or comment on the books or any other book-related themes by mailing us at email@example.com with your thoughts. All these programmes are available on Mixcloud by clicking below and following the link. And like or comment on our facebook page! There is also a linked music programme - Music from the On Air Book Group.