Highlights by FromeFM.
The Village Pump Folk Festival is a folk music festival that takes place about 9 miles from Frome. It has its roots over 40 years ago in a barn at the Lamb Inn, Trowbridge, it then moved to Stowford Manor Farm, Farleigh Hungerford before settling in its new home at White Horse Country Park, Westbury. The music covers a variety of genres from folk and roots to blues, celtic and Ceilidh with a variety of other entertainment including a family field, with puppetry and story telling.
In 2014 a series of three highlight programmes were produced for each day of the festival. Programmes were edited overnight and broadcast the following day. They will be available on this page soon.
- Thursday 24th /Friday 25th July -
- Saturday 26th July -
- Sunday 27th July -
Interviews by Alex Hawkins and Pierre Sheppard. Technical support by Suzi Holland. Producing and editing by Matt Sims.
The festival returned in 2013 and presenters Alex, Pierre, Tim and John went behind the scenes to speak to the Proclaimers, Jess Vincent, Nic Jones, John Alderslade and more.
In 2012 The Village Pump Folk Festival was reborn at a new site, but with old friends at the helm. On this FromeFM Special, Pierre, Alex, Sara and Pete talk to artists, festival go-ers and stall holders and get a feel for the new 2012 Festival.
- 27th July 2014 - Village Pump 2014 - Sunday highlightsDownload
- 26th July 2014 - Village Pump 2014 - Saturday highlightsDownload
- 25th July 2014 - Village Pump 2014 - Friday highlightsDownload
- 1st March 2014 - Village Pump Folk Festival 2013Download
- 18th August 2012 - Village Pump Folk Festival 2012Download