All students and staff who would like to particpate, please contact Mr Nicholls, Mr Hampson or Mr Waterhouse as soon as possible.
Tickets are on sale now from Frome College via Parentpay or from the Cheese & Grain Box Office, telephone 01373 455420.
This is always a very well attended event, therefore early booking is advised.
Congratulations to the young people below who won our logo design competition. The winners will be displayed in the header of the FromeFM website over the next few weeks. For the full gallery please of submissions please go to the FromeFM Facebook page.
In no particular order, the winners are:
If you were not around when the winners were announced please get in touch with us and we will give you a small prize. Email email@example.com
On Thursday 22 June, Principal, Mr Gavin Ball, together with the students from the Frome College Matters team, presented the cheque to Geoffrey Mackett from FromeFM.
Mr Ball said how immensely proud of the students he was, not only for their fundraising initiatives, but also their hard work and commitment developing the radio club, and now hosting weekly Tuesday live shows.
Pictured (L to R) are Steph Verwey, Alex Williamson, Mikolaj Greszta, Grace Lindley, Amy Cotterell
On Tuesday 20 June Dr Smith hosted a ‘Science’ themed show with Amy Cotterell, Alex Williamson, Grace Lindley & Steph Smith.
The students thoroughly enjoy knowing that everyone is listening in.
Listen in to the Tuesday shows on Radio FromeFM 96.6fm or online at frome.fm.
The next show on Tuesday 27 June is ‘Maths’ hosted by Mr Cole & Miss Paget and will include:
- Weird and wonderful music with a Maths theme.
- Maths tips and discussions, a Maths quiz and College news.
The Maths quiz questions are below and correct entries get a ‘shout out’.
- How many days are there in 8 weeks?
- Divide the number of legs on a spider by 2.
- Multiply the number of degrees in a right angle by 5.
- How many visible colours are there in the rainbow?
- Double 7 and then multiply that number by 3.
- If a = 1, b = 2, c = 3, etc. What is w – g?
- How many legs do 2 hedgehogs, 2 spiders and 1 ant have altogether?
- How many sides does an octagon have?
- How many faces does a cube have?
- How many days of the week have the letter ‘n’ in their name?
- How many days are there in 12 weeks?
- How many days are there in 2 years (neither are leap years)?
- How many seconds are there in 6 minutes?
Now add your answers to Q1-13 and email the total during the show to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @fromefm and the crew will give you a ‘shout out’.
- 4 July – ‘English Faculty’ hosted by Mr Schneider & Mrs Christie.
- 11 July – ‘Business & Enterprise’ with Rose Hiron-Grimes, Hana Thompson & Terry Bishop.
- 18 July – Principal, Mr Ball will present his last show and a roundup of the College year.
Doors open at midday and the fun goes on until 6pm – expect live music, family quiz, shout-out booth, design a logo competition and an array of stalls and exciting activities. Refreshments will be available on site. FREE entry.