On Tuesday 20 June Dr Smith hosted a ‘Science’ themed show with Amy Cotterell, Alex Williamson, Grace Lindley & Steph Smith.
The students thoroughly enjoy knowing that everyone is listening in.
Listen in to the Tuesday shows on Radio FromeFM 96.6fm or online at frome.fm.
The next show on Tuesday 27 June is ‘Maths’ hosted by Mr Cole & Miss Paget and will include:
- Weird and wonderful music with a Maths theme.
- Maths tips and discussions, a Maths quiz and College news.
The Maths quiz questions are below and correct entries get a ‘shout out’.
- How many days are there in 8 weeks?
- Divide the number of legs on a spider by 2.
- Multiply the number of degrees in a right angle by 5.
- How many visible colours are there in the rainbow?
- Double 7 and then multiply that number by 3.
- If a = 1, b = 2, c = 3, etc. What is w – g?
- How many legs do 2 hedgehogs, 2 spiders and 1 ant have altogether?
- How many sides does an octagon have?
- How many faces does a cube have?
- How many days of the week have the letter ‘n’ in their name?
- How many days are there in 12 weeks?
- How many days are there in 2 years (neither are leap years)?
- How many seconds are there in 6 minutes?
Now add your answers to Q1-13 and email the total during the show to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @fromefm and the crew will give you a ‘shout out’.
- 4 July – ‘English Faculty’ hosted by Mr Schneider & Mrs Christie.
- 11 July – ‘Business & Enterprise’ with Rose Hiron-Grimes, Hana Thompson & Terry Bishop.
- 18 July – Principal, Mr Ball will present his last show and a roundup of the College year.